The best way to start your day is with a morning workout, amiright? Celebrity Trainer Astrid Swan led a group of women in a Sunday morning workout at the Grove’s Athleta complete with all top-of-the-line weight equipment–our very own body weight, that is!
Below I’ve included an amended version of the workout.
Jumping jacks and light stretches
Work that A**: Getting that lifted, toned butt
- Get on your knees
- Lift the right leg. Instead of aiming for how high you can raise your leg at an angle or how big of an angle you can rotate your hip, bend your leg and keep your foot close to your butt.
- Slowly raise and lower your right leg. Speed isn’t the goal. It’s the lifted, toned butt that we’re working towards, so slow and steady wins the race with this one.
- After several reps, extend the leg.
- Rotate the leg in small circles. The only movement should be in your leg.
- Bring the leg back in for a dog-on-the-fire-hydrant position and pulse your leg up and down.
- Bring the leg down and lay on your side. Still working the right leg, so lay on your left side.
- Bend your left leg beneath you, and get comfortable.
- Bend your right leg towards you and extend. Do this for several reps.
- Extend the leg and pulse up and down.
- Bend the leg and pulse up and down.
- Switch to the other leg.
Work those Abs
- Lay on your back and bend your knees.
- Put your hands behind you head.
- Keeping your head lifted, reach for your right foot with your right hand. Reach as far as you can.
- Continue for 30 seconds.
- Switch to the other side.
Burpees: End with burpees!
Here we are plowing through:
Astrid shows us how to do it with great form. Notice how she jumps high, she keeps her back parallel to the floor, and her head stays level instead of letting it hang low.
As part of their Power of She movement, Astrid’s wearing Athleta’s Incline Tank and Precision Tight, one of their high rise leggings. Thanks to Astrid and Athleta for such a great way to start my week!